Code of Conduct
The following code of conduct has been formally agreed and adopted by the membership of the Group and sets out the minimum standards of conduct and behaviour expected by all members, including all elected officers. The Code of Conduct has been written with the aim of ensuring that all members have the best possible experience whilst attending all events organised by our group. The Code also helps us to make sure that we create an environment where all of our members are free to be who they are whilst being treated with dignity, fairness and respect.
All members will respect and support the values of the group as summarised here and as described in our constitution.
DEMOCRATIC - We are volunteer-led, member-focused and representative
INDEPENDENT - We are independent – not affiliated to any political party
FUN - We are friendly, welcoming and entertaining
INFORMATIVE - We are supportive, knowledgeable, responsible and useful.
CARING - We help each other, supporting individuals and our communities alike
ACCESSIBLE - We are diverse, welcoming, tolerant and inclusive
The Code of Conduct defines a member as set out in Clause 3 of the Constitution of the Group. In addition, and in accordance with the provisions of Clause 3 of the Constitution, the members of the Committee have a responsibility to all members and as such have a right to suspend or terminate membership if a member’s conduct is found to be in significant breach of any part of this code.
All members will...
* Conduct themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner at all times whilst attending events organised by NWLLGG, whether this be at our regular venue or when participating, representing or acting on behalf of the group at events wherever they may be held.
* Treat others with respect and dignity; treat them fairly and without unfair or illegal discrimination
* Not offend others with foul language, anti-social behaviour or discriminatory behaviour
* Respect the confidentiality of others, both at Group events and beyond
* Not interfere with other people’s enjoyment of the facilities or activities organised by the Group
* Use Group resources responsibly and honestly
* Not engage in activity or behaviour likely to bring the Group into disrepute
* Comply with the reasonable requests of committee members of the Group
In addition to the above, members who hold elected office will...
* Actively support the objects and mission of the Group and uphold the Constitution of the Group
* Respect the confidentiality of any meetings where confidentiality is required whilst never using confidentiality as an excuse not to disclose matters that should be transparent and open
* Carry out the duties and responsibilities of their elected role in good faith
* Seek to be accountable for their role and submit to whatever scrutiny is appropriate & reasonable
* Comply with any relevant conflict of interest policies
* Not behave recklessly in the discharge of their duties
The people responsible for this policy: